Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goodbye Bohemia

I am home waiting for a 'skip' or dumpster, depending on what breed of English you use. It is to get rid of four trees that have been giving me and my neighbours grief for a couple of years. The trees are Bohemia (Acacia cuspidifolia) coloquially called 'wait awhile tree', although I have never seen or heard them called anything but Bohemias.

They have largish leather-like leaves and skull damaging spear-like seed pods. The leaves take years to break down. It has phyllodes rather than true leaves

A couple of years ago Fiona our neighbour mentioned the leaf and seed problem but pleaded with me not to remove them. A couple of days ago she said the they had changed their mind and would like them 'trimmed'. Chainsaw Kev fixed that. The skip is a 6m3 one and I have been busy cutting branches into into smaller sizes hoping that it will fit in the bin. The neighbours will contribute to the cost of the skip and get rid of some their tree lopping if it fits in the skip.


For those who would give me grief for 'trimming' my trees I can offer...FREE; a box of seed pods so that you can grow your own Bohemia.

The skip has been delivered and Fiona and her young daughter Nikita helped load it with both my stuff and some of hers. All done and ready for collection. Thanks girls for your help.

6m3 Bin delivered

Will it all fit?

All done and ready for collection.

No comments: