Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Some good and bad news

Today I received a registered letter from the Mazda car company telling me that my 1993 Mazda 929 is in a recall to exchange the ignition switch.   What??   24 years old and they still  do free repairs?   I don’t think many brands would worry about a car over 10 years old.    Next week they will replace the key barrel.   Thanks Mazda.

Click to enlarge

love the four wheel steering in my 929

                     Over the weekend I lost my wallet near a service station.   I didn’t realise how much that would affect me mentally and economically.  Lost around $150 in cash and some 10 important cards such as my bank card, State Seniors Card, Royal Automobile Club, Australian Medicare card, HBF card, drivers licence etc etc.  The worry about getting replacement cards let me know that dementia aint gonna be an easy or pleasant time.   I immediately shut down access to my bank card as the touch and pay method commonly in use now would allow the finder to have a number of purchases each day. The rigmarole of getting new cards is going to take weeks.  

1 comment:

Richard said...

Had my wallet stolen in Rome on a busy commuter bus in about 2007-08.
Foolishly had it in my jeans pocket instead of in a hanging bag around the neck.
Noticed all locals, men especially, had one arm around their chests presumably protecting their valuables in the inside pockets of their jackets. As they clung onto the overhead strap with the other hand as the bus was moving.
Fortunately wife Judyth had her credit card still intact so we hot-footed it back to our hotel close to Rome's main railway station and speed dialled Oz.
Due to time delay banks were still open back home in Melb. and Sydney. Even so thieves had made one purchase with the card, and it took Judyth many moons to convince the bank -- Which bank? -- that we'd not used our cards once to buy clothing as had happened before cancellation.
Eventually got a refund. Incidentally saw the two suspects --- gypsy-looking lads --- sizing up targets in the queues outside the Sistine Chapel, but we got inside quite quickly so never saw them again.