Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tim Minchin Vs Sydney Symphony

Last night I watched a performance titled Tim Minchin Vs The Sydney Symphony.

Wonderful....irreverent....a bit rude and very professional. The audience loved it and so did I. Tim is a scary looking young man who writes all his own stuff and is a great pianist. His voice is also quite extraordinary in a strange way. Some time ago I decided that I would attend no more concerts, but after seeing this concert I will be looking out for a concert with Tim if he ever gets around to visiting W.A..

Here is Tim doing his best to stir up the believers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENNQ4ZUw4d0&feature=related

Earlier in the evening I drove Helen and James to a classy restaurant in Mt Lawley which is on the Northern side of Perth city. They were celebrating their first year of marriage. They were using a voucher which was a wedding present from my brother and sister. This isn't the first time they fronted up to this restaurant....they tried to use the voucher soon after they were married, but unfortunately left the voucher home and had to pay cash. Ouch! This time they checked out that the voucher was still valid and booked in again. They were told that there is a $100. fee if they don't turn up. Don't think I'll be going there! Restaurant report later.



1 comment:

Jenny said...

He is very good - quirky but good.
I have been having heath issues of my own - not severe but the pain meds have made me totally out of it. But I think I am getting there. It sure makes spending Xmas in a separate town from your children a bit of a fizzle..
I think of you lots and hope you have a wonderful Xmas Kev (and Helen James etc - all your loved ones.
Jennifer
No cards this year :)