Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sculpture by the Sea 2012

Yesterday we, Helen, James and I visited Cottesloe Beach to view the Sculpture By the Sea exhibition. Joan and I had been to each of the yearly events since its inception. There were many 'installations' as the arty call them and some were really quite clever. My choice was the windmill which was a very modern chrome piece with a number of propellers of different lengths rotating on different axis at different speeds. More mechanical beauty than 'art'! Cottesloe Beach is a very popular beach without the large waves of beaches further along the coast. The Indiana Tearooms looks over the beach and is also the the boatshed of the Cottesloe Surf Lifesaving Club.

I took lots of Pics and here are a few. I couldn't remember the actual titles of each and so have called them as I saw them. Should have bought a catalogue.

click on the pics to enlarge them.










1 comment:

Bernie said...

What a lovely place to spend an afternoon or day at. I love your photos.......:-)Hugs