Thursday, January 25, 2007

First entry

I don't really know whether this is a good idea. I usually get an idea and run with it for a while and then drop it. The plan is that Joan will do alternate days and we should cover most of what happens here.
Today I helped a friend set up his new Mac for BB and email. The settings were transferred from his old iMac to the new machine. Tomorrow I am doing the same again for other friends who bought an eMac from us. I am not a techie, but seem to have learned quite a bit by messing around with computers over a long period.




In recent times I have been involved in a project getting equipment to a primary school in
Zimbabwe....chairs, blackboards, shoes and around 40 Macintosh computers and peripherals. A British mining company has adopted several schools (most likely to keep Mr Mugabe on side) and has commenced building a new school and put down a water bore on the school site. When all the gear arrives there, and the new school is built, they will fly me over to give lessons to staff and kids on the computers and the internet.

The picture is of a classroom in the present school which is used by 26 pupils. Note the high standard of resources available, but at least they don't have OBE.

No comments: