Monday, February 8, 2010

Round 4 chemotherapy

Joan's sinus infection looks like it is at last reponding to the antibiotics. She is off for round four of chemo tomorrow and we are hoping that her blood tests don't show any red blood cell problems.

I recently bought a Mac iBook from a teacher colleague from way back in the 70s. He wanted $50. for a nice clean machine with a good battery and plenty of RAM. I found that the CD ROM didn't accept disks and thought I shouldn't put on him as the price was certainly right. I posted a WTB (wanted to buy) on the W.A. MacUsers' Group page and a young fellow who has given me lots of Macs for distribution said he could help me out. He is IT Manager for an Australia-wide publishing house. I asked what he wanted for the drive and the reply was
I'll test and remove it for one of the smaller blocks of Cadbury Chocolate and a 600ml Brownes Ice Mocha :P - about $6 worth? Good deal especially as it is a DVD Read/Write disk!
Think I might double that price!

Today we had our Hyundai Sonata in for a wheel bearing replacement under the 5 year warranty deal we are on. When I dropped the car off early this morning I mentioned that the passenger side sun visor was stuck and couldn't be moved up or down. The man showed me the work card with replacement of sun visor listed for action. How did they know that? He explained that it was a world-wide recall and all Sonatas of our year model are to get replacement sun visors. Pure coincidence that ours became inoperable just a few days before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pleased to read of the improvement with the infection. Kind wishes, Paul.