Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rioting for fun

I guess I live a pretty dull life. No riots for me. Vancouver, Canada is a nice place and one would not think that the citizens of that place would riot using the excuse that their hockey team lost to a Yankee team....but they did!

Cars burnt, shops looted, lots of agro with the police and everyone smiling, cheering and filming the action on their phones. They seem to have forgotten that the damage they did is to their own property, not of the dastardly Yankees.

One little problem with the need to be seen on FaceBook and Twitter is that the cops are working their way through the rogues gallery to try and identify the culprits.
A more restrained sample of a FaceBook post by a highly intelligent chap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev, I haven,t heard the news about the riot. I can't believe it. What is wrong with these people ? I was with Hazel driving through town yesterday and I saw the Dalai Lama 14th wit about 4 other monks. No police , no minders, just strolling through town. I could have reached out at the lights and touched him. No security whatso ever, No bat mobile, no taxpayers money being spent. i have a great deal of respect for him and have read 2 of his books, perhaps he needs to go to Canada and spread some calm. Why is everyone so angry all the time, ? It's all about money and possessions, well right now I could do with my old wood fired copper and 2 troughs to soak half the desert out of my grandson's work pants, a ton of red sand..Marg

Bernie said...

Yes this whole thing was a pathetic act not by hockey fans, we shake hands and say there is always next year but a few idiots who were going to cause trouble whether Vancouver won or not. The next morning 12,000 people showed up with brooms, garbage bags, etc. to clean up the mess made by the holigans. A shame really as Canadians are not like this, well most of them....:-)Hugs

Jenny said...

Rioters always seem to trash their own neighborhoods. I guess that's what you do if you get drunk and your brain stops functioning - or is it just "the madness of crowds"? Fortunately it really was only a small number of idiots involved.