Friday, July 15, 2011

cold and flu tablets

I had a bad night last night with the rapid onset of a heavy cold. I had to stuff tissues in my nostrils to stem the flow of ‘the runnies’. I can’t complain when I think of Joan’s last four days.


Later in the morning I went to our regular pharmacist to get a pack of ‘cold and flu’ tablets,. The girl who served me summonsed one of the Pharmacists and he advised me that because I was on blood pressure tabs he wouldn’t give them to me. I told him thanks and went to another nearby pharmacy and straight-faced told them I am not on any medications. They had to register my ID before supplying the tabs. The government in Western Australia is reining in sales of Pseudo Ephedrine which the bad boys buy to make speed and this cold and flu stuff is loaded with it.


Our son, Martin is soon to shift to Melbourne and today I went down to his (our) unit to do some maintenance and suss out what I will have to do to easily rent it out once Martin has left.

There will be lots to do to make it rentable.


Helen and James have invited me to dinner and I am typing this on her laptop. Starting the meal with Garlic Prawns, then Rack of Lamb with roast vegetables and green beans and herbs from the garden.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev, sounds as if Helen is as good a cook at her mother, I cooked a stew which I used to enjoy eating but the meat has a funny texture and I couldn't eat it. I'm still dithering around packing clothes and then unpacking them. What the hell, I'll just buy new ones, I am joking, I'll be back next Friday. Hardly worth packing.Tina is driving over here at 4 am and then Matt will drive us to the airport, Some men came to look at the car last night, They live North of Perth. Think of Had on the 18th I know you will, I'm going to work my way through the cocktail list at Besakih. Had would approve, It's what I did last holiday. Won't be the same and i hope i don't make a complete idiot of myself. I'm really dreading this trip after 32 times there with my darling Had. Hope your cold improves Kev Marg

Carole said...

Hi Kev,

Hope your cold goes away really quickly...I hate colds, they can make you feel so miserable :(

Dinner sounds delicious, I must remember to get you to invite me to Helen's if I'm ever in your neck of the woods :)

Take care of yourself Kev

Kev said...

Marg,

I do hope that revisiting the places in Bali that you and Had visited so often will bring back memories of the good times.

Kev said...

Carole,

should you ever make the pilgrimage down under, you would be most welcome at our table.

Bernie said...

Feel better soon Kev....:-)Hugs

Jenny said...

Sounds like Helen made one of my favorite dinners - I am jealous and I hope your cold didn't interfere with your taste buds :)
I hosted a potluck last night for 16 people - lots of very yummy food - and good company. Take care of yourself!