Friday, July 1, 2011

A troublesome wallet...and keys

In this morning’s mail (the postie delivered type) I received the Mac Powerbook battery I ordered from China. It is on charge now and I will give it a thorough test before giving the machine to a worthy cause.
An original battery goes for around A$140. and Australian after-market batteries (made in China) sell for A$70. This one cost me A$30 which included postage from HK.

This morning I went to see my GP to get some scripts for medications I take for cholesterol and blood pressure. The doc suggested that I get a flu shot seeing that it is paid for by the government. Not sure that that is the best reason to get a jab in the arm, but I did get it.

I went to the GP’s rooms with a worried brow as I had lost my wallet somewhere....where? Upon returning home I searched the house another 10 times without luck before deciding to return to the liquor store where I bought a couple of bottles of bubbly last night. I would have been very cranky if I had left it there and they hadn’t phoned me to tell me they had my wallet. One last search of the car found it wedged between the driver’s seat upright and the centre door pillar. That bloody wallet....and my car keys, are drivng me nuts with their hiding tactics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kev I seem to remember you posting a blog where this man had had an implant in his hand which enabled him to open his car door and front door by passing his hand over the locks,, he never worried about car and door keys, When in Bali had wore this leather pouch on a thong around his neck with his money in. That might help or perhaps a brain transplant. Ooh that,s a bit nasty,,,, Marg