Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Big C

This Saturday is 12 months since Joan left us. We do not need a special day to remember Joan, she is in our thoughts every day. Helen, James and I will get together and talk with our son Martin who now lives in Melbourne

Dorothy, Joan's sister, rang me a couple of days ago to tell me that she had been diagnosed with a malignant lump in her breast. She is to have a Lumpectomy tomorrow and the surgeon has told her that as it is a stage one cancer, the Lumpectomy and some followup radiation will give a good result. Hope he is right.

I have mentioned before, Carole, who lives in London. She gave great support to us during Joan's fight against cancer. She has also been battling cancer and now it has suddenly spread to her bones and another organ. She has only months to live and whilst I try and offer comfort, I find it hard to gather suitable words.

Carole's blog can be found here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kev, You know we will all be thinking about Joan you and your family, it has been such a hard year and now you say dorothy has a malignant lump and as for carole's blog .. i just can't express how sad I feel. Words are useless at times like this but everyone will be offering up their prayers and I hope Carole has the strength to carry on, Dorothy has lost her husband, her sister and now she is facing cancer..Life is so hard,, Marg

Bernie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.