Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Some good news

Daughter Helen is starting to get relief teaching work. She now has two regular days at a nice school for the rest of this term, plus usually another one or two days when people ring in sick (or tired/hungover). She is pretty happy with that amount of work.

I rang the agent who is looking after my unit at Orelia. I had not heard from her since the tenants had a small fire in the unit destroying the stove. The tenants went out leaving a plastic cutting board on the hotplates which were left on. Fortunately, downstairs neighbors noticed the smoke and had to break the door down to put the fire out. She told me that the insurance company finally replaced the door yesterday and the stove would be replaced very soon. There is a $200 excess on the claim, but the tenants have accepted blame for the fire and are happy to cough up the $200. Good tenants!

Today I contacted Student Services at Murdoch University to offer refurbished computers to this year's new lot of students. They were keen and I have to make up a flyer and get it approved before putting it on a student notice board. I have had previous Murdoch students take machines and been very happy with them.

Helen and James and the kids (their dogs, Ruby and Rosy) are coming around to my place this evening for a curry meal. I have cooked two different curries and they are very nice. I still have to prepare some condiments to accompany them. The dogs aint gettin any curry.

1 comment:

Bernie said...

So happy for Helen, I'm sure she is pleased to be working on a more regular basis. How is Martin doing, did everything work out for him? Hope you are doing okay Kev, wasn't sure what you were doing with your last post when you changed subject and picture. Sending big hugs....:-)