Friday, February 17, 2012

Hyundai Elantra

I had my car serviced yesterday. It is the 1500 kilometre service which is free. I delivered the vehicle to the service centre on Tuesday afternoon so that mechanics would have more time to try and sort out the stalling problem I am experiencing.

Early Wednesday afternoon I received a phone call to tell me that the car was ready to collect. When I asked if they had fixed the problem I was told that the mechanics could not get it to stall and so they had reset the parameters on the gearbox and the fuel system and that will almost certainly cure the problem. Then came the 'silly old bugger' statement telling me that if it hasn't fixed the problem I should bring the car back and drive it with one of their mechanics in the car to see if I was driving it in way that was causing the problem. Bloody hell! I don't think I can win on this one unless I leave the car with them to let a mechanic take it home over a couple of days so there is a good chance the problem will present to him/her.

Late News: The problem is still there and I am getting very frustrated with the inability of the service centre to fix it.

StopPress: I have just received this email message, so I will do as my brother Graham did....get rid of this car and collect my BMW and the 1 million British Pounds.

Daughter Helen got her first day of teacher relief yesterday. Usually relief teachers get most of their work during the winter months.





3 comments:

Bernie said...

Stay cool Kev, eventually they will recognize the car problem and fix it. So happy Helen has been able to teach so soon.
Am a bit worried about our friend Carole right now, she is not updating as she normally does. Her sister has once for her. Have a great weekend.....:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

Kev, Great news. The British Prime Minister has decided to reward me with $1000,000, as soon as i send off my personal details. Message badly worded, full of spelling mistakes, Would anyone be so stupid as to reply to it? Hope you get that car sorted out. Marg

Anonymous said...

Taking a mechanic for a drive to demonstrate the problem seems logical. :) PW