Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Spudshed

On Sunday afternoon Helen, James and I drove to Jandakot Airport and visited the 'Spud Shed'.....along with about 1,000 other shoppers. The large carpark was almost full and inside it was a struggle to manoeuvre a shopping trolley around between produce and shoppers who looked like Myer sale-day fiends. This particular Spudshed is open 24/7 because it is on Commonwealth land surrounding the airport and does not have to comply with state trading regulations. I guess if I were to return to the Spudshed it would be at 2am when things would probably be less frenetic. OK, there are some bargains there.....but the checkout queues are long and I noticed some folks getting a bit 'testy' when people in the queue sent partners off to continue shopping.

A couple of observations......The meat is so so. I bought some casserole beef to make a curry. When I opened it at home it had more than its fair share of gristle and ropy bits. Somehow, such a crowded bargain-basement establishment attracts cheats. We noticed fruit and nuts being consumed before arriving at the checkout and the trays of mangoes were being re-packed by customers who wanted only the really good ones despite large notices requesting that they not be swapped around.

I'll spend the extra few bucks and shop locally.

My newish car is now due for its first service @ 1500 kilometres. I am still having problems with what I now believe, is a fuel delivery problem at low speed when taking off. I noticed that when the tank is almost empty the problem is much worse, so when I deliver the car to the service centre I will ensure that the tank is low so that the mechanics may experience the problem. Previously I have not been able to show the service centre what happens and they have suggested that I am just an old fart and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car. I will arrange for the car to stay overnight if the problem does not occur during the service. Morning startup usually presents the problem.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev, As you know I can't drive but I do know that if there is a problem getting started, you hit the fuel line with a brick or large rock,This clears the blockage.I was told this by a mechanic when the car I was in kept breaking down. This was 50 years ago on a camping holiday down south. It worked . Marg

Bernie said...

Is a spud shed like a farmer's market Kevin? If so we have them here during the summer and I love their produce, it is always organic and fresh. They don't sell meat though unless it is jerkey and sometimes hams. Also the pickles are delicious and I always stock up for winter. Far cheaper for me to buy than to make.
Hope all works out with your car, it is good to find all the glitches you can while it is still under warrenty.
Hope all is going well with Martin now......:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

I think you sound like a windging old bitch jst shut the fuck up and stop voicing your opinions no one gives a shit.