Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cuda button

We are home together again. Joan is still very weak and sometimes using a walker to get around. Last night she suggested we go to the Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour and have some seafood. It was very pleasant and a few thousand others thought that would be a good thing to do as well. The fishing boat harbour is a very popular tourist destination with a number of seafood restaurants and a very nice brewery pub overlooking the harbour.

We opted for Cicerellos because we had parked in a Disabled Bay in their parking lot. We had a single seafood platter between the two of us. It was excellent with more than enough for both of us. Joan is following the advice of the dietitian and eating as much calorie-laden food as possible and drinking full-sugar soft drinks.
She needs to get more protein down to build muscle.....me too!

Also yesterday I attempted to start the computer I exchanged for a friend’s disabled son. It presented with a glowing start button, but wouldn’t get up. Something I have known and used over the years is the MacIntosh cuda button. I opened the case, pressed the tiny button for a few seconds and it was up and running like a Buick.
I will recycle the recycled Mac to another needy person. At the moment I have 18 Mac computers fully loaded with appropriate software ready to go to needy folks. Since Joan was diagnosed with advanced cancer I have not actively sought out recipients for these machines. I must start to do so again or I will lose interest in this project. I may wait for the start of the academic year and contact a couple of university student- services people. In the past that has been a good avenue for distribution.
The wee Cuda button...a sometimes quick fix to some problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good news that Joan is back on her feet and eating out. Hint: Avoid the Chicken Treat near where the old Willagee Pub used to be. Paul.