Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Joan 'has a fall'

My dear Joan had a nasty fall this morning. Fortunately I was in the house and heard her yelling for help. She somehow lost the strength in her legs and fell backwards hitting the back of her head on the tiled bathroom floor. I was not able to get her up again and rang the St John’s Ambulance service. The two ambos did a great job of getting her onto a stretcher and checking her out thoroughly before taking her to Fremantle Hospital for scans and sutures to the large gash on her head.
When I arrived at the hospital she had had two X-Rays and was awaiting a CT Scan of her head. Then the stitching up. I took her mobile phone so that she can call me when they have finished mending her. An event like this is quite a shock and knocks the confidence around.

Yesterday we had a new gas hot water system installed by a couple of our friend Paul’s boys. The previous unit had lasted 15 years which is pretty good. Paul’s lads did a good professional job and we paid them in $50 bills. One of them pointed out that there were a few fake notes in the stash, showing me that on those ‘fake’ notes the portrait of Edith Cowan did not have her name below the image. Eeek! I told the guys that we had just got the notes from a bank ATM and they should be OK and said I would look into it with Mr Google. They were happy to keep the notes and I found no reference to the missing name as proof of fake notes. I talked to Paul about it and he did further research and found that the $50 notes printed before 2002 did not have the name and those after carried the name. The usual email about fake notes circulated and the myth was started. Glad it was only a myth though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill and I are very sorry to learn of this accident Kevin. Our kind thoughts are for both of you. Paul and Jill.

Anonymous said...

I hope Joan is home and feeling a lot better. what next?. Has Joy told you that andrea has had a baby boy, ? weighing more than 9 lbs , both are well. hope you both have a better day tomorrow. Marg

Bernie said...

Please say hello to Joan from me, I am so sorry that she fell and hope she feels better soon....:-)Hugs