Friday, August 19, 2011

Big Spender

Martin, our son, has just emailed me to say that he has found suitable accommodation near where he will start work in Melbourne. He cannot move in today as the room will not be available for a couple of weeks, but he has paid a month’s board in advance to secure the place. Whew! Meanwhile he will remain in the cheapo hotel.

My friend Albert had his radical prostatectomy. The operation was more difficult than anticipated and went for 5 hours. Soon after he was moved to intensive care due to an infection. He is responding to treatment for the infection and should be out of IC in a day or so. Kathy, his wife, is issuing a daily bulletin to friends and family.

The repairs and reno at the unit we own are going reasonably well. Rather than try and refurbish the stand-alone kitchen stove, I went and bought a new one and also a clothes drier. Quite something new for me who is not noted as a Big Spender. The laundry and toilet have been repainted and repairs made to a sliding glass door damaged by a recent break-in attempt. The carpets might come up with a professional carpet cleaner. If not, I will replace the worst of them.

The neighbors are feral. I couldn’t live there, but I won’t have any trouble renting the place.

No comments: