Monday, August 1, 2011

A large family

Yesterday I visited Joan’s aunt, Pat Wray. Joan’s sister Dorothy was also invited and by late afternoon there were about 15 family members attending. I thought this was some big event, but I was assured it was a regular Sunday gathering.

Pat has 8 children, 25 grandchildren (with a couple more soon to arrive) and 12 great grandchildren. This handsome little bloke is a month old and another was born on Saturday. I think they all pity me without any grandkids. I can live with that.
Pat is in her 80s, still very bright and computer literate. She told us of a recent discovery of what she called a strange and well kept secret about her family history. This has inspired her to research her family tree and she has turned up some very interesting stuff. I can’t tell you what it is...but it is a bit spicey!

2 comments:

Bernie said...

How nice to visit with family and so many of them....:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

I typed in Haddon Rudkin Braintree out of curiosity and found so many by the same name all relatives and one lass whose name was Hepzibah birth 1816. She had a son Haddon Rudkin birth 1851, It is a old testament name , It means the protected one. It is very interesting. doing the family tree. Marg