Sunday, August 7, 2011

A letter to Joan

Joan I am watching your fav TV show; Masterchef. It is the final with a female and male cooking it off. As you know I am not into these sort of programs, but I should report back to you about the result. I doubt that most people like us would pay the big bucks for such small serves.

I must thank you for all the pantry stuff you left me. Some of it is out of date now and I used some peanuts in a curry only to find that they were rancid.....should have read the use by date. I am doing OK, but miss you terribly. Helen and James are being very supportive. I eat ...and drink, often, with them and am happy that they still want me around.

Martin is soon off to Melbourne and I will decide if this is a time to sell the unit we bought to house him. I went down to BoganVille to do some maintenance today and wish that I could get out of that situation without losing too much.

I have created a slideshow of photographs of you and us and it brings tears to my eyes every time it starts up on the computer. I love you dearly my Joan.

I’ll let you know later who won MasterChef............results just in...the gal won.

4 comments:

Robert said...

That touched me - as I write this comment a tear is rolling down my face.

Carole said...

Oh Kev...:(

Sending you a big hug and letting you know that you are often in my thoughts.

I feel really very emotional after reading this post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts Kev...
I wish I could think of something to say to make you feel less sad

Hugs...Carole xxxx

Bernie said...

This letter to Joan is lovely. So sorry you are hurting so much the price we pay for being loved and loving so much.....|:-)Hugs

Anonymous said...

Kev, I know exactly how you feel. I have never felt so alone and so depressed ,as i have since returning from Bali. Watching Dawn's mother die slowly in pain and at home was so sad and it brought back horrible memories of Had's slow death. The music at the funeral {We'll meet again} and the slides reduced me to a sobbing mess,Perhaps the cold wet weather is adding to the grief, We are so lucky to have had such loving partners and such good memories but it really doesn't help all that much.We just have to live each day and to keep going for our families and friends.I do know how you feel but you are loved by many people Kev, you just have to hang in there, Marg