Tuesday, August 23, 2011

There will be days like this

With the events of this year I have had a on off relationship with a bit of melancholia.

Today I had a bright spot when I delivered a laptop to a young Cambodian woman who has suffered at the hands of her violent husband and is now in respite. She is just 26 and has a nice young son. The agency looking after her asked me if I had a computer and printer which she could have. When I set it up and gave her some instructions she was beaming and heaped thanks on me. ‘Then I must remember, there will be days like this’.

Mike’s wake is on Friday evening and we are all driving up North of the River in my car and leaving the car there and cabbing it home. Should work out about $25-30 each for the four of us, which isn’t even the cost of a restaurant meal. Mike wanted a wet wake.

No comments: