Friday, February 21, 2014

Pony Tail

Some 9 years ago my late wife Joan, bought a plant named ‘Pony Tail’  (Beaucarnea recuriata).    It has been living and growing in a large pot at the rear of our house, and after all that time, has just developed a large flower head.    It doesn’t look too good, but I will wait to see if the flowers are attractive and if so, harvest any seeds which develop.

                         Joan would have been excited to see this change.

                        Click on the photos to enlarge them


I had no idea what this plant was called, so I went to my local Bunnings store where a horticulturalist found one for sale in the garden section and I wrote down its name so that I would appear smart.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kev, I have had 2 pony tails in my garden for about 20 years and although they are healthy, they haven't ever flowered, One is in a pot and the other in the ground, so you are lucky that yours flowered.Marg