Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm doing OK!

Yesterday I signed up to get a roof-top 1.5kW solar power system. Australian government subsidy on this system is considerable and it will end up costing all up just over $2,000. The government is soon to reduce the subsidy, so now is the time to sign up. It is hoped that it will halve my power bill and on times that I may go away, sell back power to the grid.

Joan wanted us to get a solar system even when she knew she had little time left.

Several friends have told me that Joan expressed concern about how I will manage when she went. Joan, I’m doing OK!

Today I am having a few friends around for lunch and doing a culinary re-run of Joan’s wake.....finger food such as dips, pizza, party pies, cocktail frankfurts, fruit and drinks. I was going to BBQ, but today threatens a hot one and I figured it would be better inside in airconditioning.

Joan and Helen when we were all younger.

2 comments:

Kev said...

We miss our wife and mother terribly.

Anonymous said...

Kev We know how much you are missing Joan , but if she is waching over you now she will be proud of you and the family. You are doing the best you can, Remember .one day at a time,You will have black days , i certainly do. but you just have to keep goingand you have loads of friends and a loving family and many happy memories. We had a lovely day today and this helps. Marg