Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Wedding etc

Well, I watched ‘The Wedding’ yesterday. I shouldn’t be embarrassed about confessing to that....millions of others watched it too.

I watched until the actual wedding ceremony then l tried to find another channel not showing TW. Not too many!

I am desperately trying to think of things that make me better than the Royals.

Hmn....I, at 71, still have more hair than all the male Royals except that carrot-topped one.

Our wedding didn’t cost as much.

I didn’t have to have to fawn to the plebs as they will have to.

Not too many people would hear about me making an ass* of myself.
There are others...I just can’t think of them at the moment.

Will the newly weds have in-law problems?
Is QE2 going to call? The conversation could go like this...’We haven’t seen or heard from you for weeks...what’s going on?’ Oh Jeez Nan, we’ve been down at Blackpool for a piss-up’.

One thing is for certain; the next few months is not the time for the proletariat to try and depose the Royals. This show will give Britain a revitalised place in the world order.

* That is the horse-like animal

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I watched the wedding 2 times plus highlights Kev, loved every moment of it. The service was lovely, the bride was beautiful and the dress was stunning.....,have to say the Brits really know how to throw a wedding........!

Anonymous said...

tkev' I watched the wedding and it really was spectacular and every one inthe wedding party looked great, the crowd loved every thing about the wedding, It lifted their spirits' butI couldn't help thinking about all that money that was spent on it and the number of homeless and hungry people without jobs or warmth . Perhaps they could have spent half that money on the thousands of homeless people, but they did make a handsome couple and it was a change to watch something happy rather than disasters, I wish them luck, margc