Saturday, April 16, 2011

Singer Featherweight

This morning I searched in cupboards and found a couple of Joan’s vintage sewing machines. They are both quite wonderful. The Elna needs a bit of a service (by me), but the Singer is in top condition. The Singer is a Featherweight 222k model and can sell for up to $4,000. Not sure what the Elna is worth yet. The Elna is a Model #1 and is nicknamed the Grasshopper.

I photographed them on a blanket which I noticed had a lot of Joan's hair from chemo days.
The Grasshopper case folds out to be a sewing table...not bad for the 1940s.

I delivered a Mac Laptop to a young (16 year old) lass this afternoon. She is a mum and with her man living in the family residence. She is lucky to have a sympathetic mother and I have a feeling that things will work out for them. She is still at high school and the computer is just what she wanted....bluetooth for their phones and WiFi for MacDonalds.....and of course a machine to do assignments on. I also gave her a thumb drive so that she can take her work to school and print it out without the cost of buying a printer and the subsequent inks at outrageous costs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kev' it's good to read positive stories about people helping people, I f you watch the news or read the paper You start to think that every one out there is evil, good deeds don't sell papers,It is very depressing watching the news on tv, nothing but crime and bashings,. remember the days when you could sleep outside on hot nights' leave all the doors and windows open to catch the breeze, Walk home whenyou missed the last bus without getting stabbed? why are people so angry ? we have more money and possessions than we used to have but it hasn't brought us happiness. I'm getting morbid ' think I'll lock up and go to bed, Marg