Thursday, April 26, 2012

Computers and printers

At the moment I have 18 refurbished Macs to distribute to needy folks.  This round I will target a local high school which has some students from low socio-economic backgrounds.  I also have collected a number of printers of various makes which needed just a tune-up and or refilled cartridges.  An online computer group which I am a member has ongoing discussions about the best printers to buy and operate, but I think I am probably up there with the range of printers I have collected and repaired over the years.  A couple of members of this group cannot go past Epson printers and their genuine inks even though they are very expensive.  Personally I have found Epson printers to be troublesome especially if not used for a couple of weeks.  I have two here at the moment which have print head problems and I am attempting to dissolve dried up ink in the print head by feeding a cleaning agent into the head through plastic tubing. 

As Forest Gump said...'That's all I have to say now!'

1 comment:

James Werk said...

Nice thinking to give away printers and computers but who will look after about Ink and Cartridge and other computer matters is there any skill person available to handle such things.