Monday, February 12, 2007

I like a cooked breakfast. One of my favourites used to be Kraft Steak and Onions on toast, but over the years Mr Kraft has been reducing the steak component of the can and it has been somewhat of a lucky dip finding a trace of meat in the serving. I suppose you could call blood vessels and other white tissue, meat. I tried a can of Tom Piper S&O and low and behold, pieces of meat! Some months ago I emailed Kraft and Tom Piper telling them of my discovery. Tom Piper wrote back thanking me and Mr Kraft set in train a major investigation including a phone call from a quality control officer who explained that they did have tight production controls and if I could send them the details on the label and the can they would send me another replacement can. She didn’t understand that I wasn’t after a freeby, I was just reporting that the labelling is not too accurate.

I opened a can of Kraft S&O yesterday and (is it coincidence?) lots of bits of steak were found.

No comments: