Friday, February 9, 2007

Second week in the month

This is the week that I disappear most mornings about 9am and reappear about 5pm.

I belong to 5 different textile groups and three of them meet in the second week of the month. I really enjoy the social contact and stimulation I get, but I am sometimes frustrated that the ideas sparked by a particular meeting cannot be translated into a textile piece because I just don't have time to do it.

I really wonder how I did anything else when I was working full time, but I did. Did I manage time better? Did I depend on time spent on crafty things becoming a sanity saver?

I think I need to keep a time diary again for a while. In the last few years I was working we had several Professional Development days focus on this. The idea was that we could thereby prove to our superiors that every moment was gainfully occupied OR that we were so snowed under that we needed additional resources. Choose the alternative you prefer.

I suspect that a time diary will show that I am using too much time in non-productive activities like housework.

No comments: