Monday, April 12, 2010

Bring out your dead

I got rid of a lot of worthless computer gear over the weekend....computers, monitors and printers etc etc. The Fremantle City Council had a bring in your dead day and I loaded the trailer up with about 40 items and headed into Freo territory collecting my brother en route.

We don't live in the Fremantle Council area and shouldn't be using their facilities, but my bro does live in the Freo City area and I had him along so he could tell the man where he lived. As it happened the man didn't ask where we lived and I now have a relatively spacious workshop where I can walk around without tripping over piles of CD drives, Hard Disks, monitors and computers.

The Fremantle Council also has a weekend collection depot manned by a bloke a bit younger than me. He also doesn't know that I live outside the city boundaries. We chat each time I take some stuff there and we have become quite good friends. He hasn't asked me where I live yet, but I suspect that he will one day and I will have to fess up. At worst he could tell me to stay away from his operation..or be nice to his new-found friend and let me continue to visit with my discards. Our own landfill site for the City of Cockburn (that's pronounced coburn!) is quite a way from our house and they don't like taking computer gear especially monitors which have to be shipped off to Holland for safe disposal.

Joan is to have a blood test tomorrow and on Wednesday, round 8 of Chemotherapy. In another fortnight after round 8 round 9 will be the last of infusion through the PICC line and that will be removed and further chemo will be administered in tablet form. The nasty chemo ( Oxyplatin) is to be stopped and Joan should get relief from its nasty side effects.

No comments: