Thursday, April 22, 2010

Domestic expresso coffee makers

We decided we would join all the other financial crisis stimulus packagers and buy a coffee maker. Friends bought one at a swap meet and they got it for around $10 and claim it works well.

We paid $188.00 for ours and as soon as we tipped it out of the box (that's what you have to do with tight polystyrene packaging) Joan washed it and we made our first cup(s) of coffee. When you load the coffee grounds there are two receptacles...one for 1 cup and another for 2 cups. What we didn't realise, not being frequenters of the Cappuccino Strip in Fremantle, is that the cups they are referring to are actually eggcups. Our regular coffee mugs don't fit under the outlet. So we are doomed to try and take our morning tablets with a dribble of coffee.

A couple of days ago, a welfare person I know and sometimes help by donating computers to some of her clients, rang asking if I could help get her PC working as she had lots of important data she was desperate to save. I told her that I can operate PCs but don't know poo from clay about diagnosing faults etc. Never-the-less she pleaded with me to take a look. I grabbed some tools and a spare monitor and when I arrived saw that the computer, the CPU, was running but the monitor light wasn't on. Changed the monitor and all is well. She wanted to pay me and I refused any payment from a person who helps others. I did stress that changing the monitor was a lucky one and I did not want others to think that I am a PC technician who does freebies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The welfare person needs to buy a 1TB HD to back up her data. :)

joanlil said...

I advised her to do just that to transfer her data to an upcoming PC laptop. $99 at Officeworks.

Kev said...

Paul,
That was my comment on Joan's account.

Kev