Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Losing it?

Dear me I'm losing it!     Yesterday and this afternoon I helped my son-in-law build a metal fence. It all went well and looks good.   When I came home this evening I had a couple of glasses of white wine and decided to make a sweet and sour pork dish for dinner.  I have made this dish a number of times and it is relatively easy to make.   The pork was diced and in a batter, the rice cooked and drained and the sauce was smelling and looking good in a saucepan on the hot plate.    Time to 'plate up' as the chefs say....but I had to thicken the sauce with a small amount of cornflower.  I mixed it with some cold water and poured it into the hot sauce. An almighty foam-up occurred which later took some cleaning up.  Whilst cleaning up the mess I noticed the cornflower packet was actually Baking Soda and as we all know...vinegar and baking soda react with much foam and bubbling.  

I am unsure if this is a phase I am going through or the start of Alzheimers.  I am doing other irrational things, but friends assure me they also lose their keys, don't know what they went into the bedroom for, forget to take their purse/wallet when shopping etc, etc.

No comments: