Tuesday, January 8, 2013

47 years


Yesterday was the 47th anniversary of our wedding.  I had been transferred to a southern country town high school where I met my wife to be.  During that year we, or rather Joan, planned our wedding to take place on January 7th 1966.     Joan’s father wasn’t too well off so she sold her Fiat Bambino for the princely sum of £500 which paid for the entire wedding and reception for quite a large guest list....food, entertainment and many drinks.  Try that now!

                                I miss my wife dearly.
Joan in our Jeep in PNG.  This Jeep was a leftover from WW2 fighting in this area.
The photo is a Polaroid instant which had a fixer pad which had to be wiped over the print after it emerged from the camera, thus the streaky appearance


Our son Martin is returning home to live, at least temporarily, with me. His year in Melbourne was a lost year and I am hoping we can get along together and he can secure either employment or start a home-based business such as Webpage design.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard the other day that a prospective daughter in law has her heart set on a 30k wedding. :(

Anonymous said...

KEV, THESE SPECIAL DATES MAKE US SO AWARE OF OUR LOSS BUT WE MUST REMAIN POSITIVE AND THINK ONLY OF THOSE HAPPY YEARS WE HAD WITH OUT PARTNERS. I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS KEEPS PRINTING IN CAPITALS..MARG

Kev said...

Marg there is a key which is labelled 'Caps Lock' press it once to turn off capitals.

Bernie said...

I am still smiling at Marg's "caps lock" on, God love her I hope she found it.
I know you miss Joan a.lot. Kev, they don't take the love we have for them when they leave us. It is hard but remember all the wonderful years you had together. I know it is not like having Joan beside you now but memories are warm and wonderful.....big hugs