Friday, February 1, 2013

A coincidental blast from the past

My friend Dennis has been thinking of upgrading his computer for a few weeks and one came up on a list I belong to: The Western Australian Macintosh Users’ Group. It was advertised to the members by Ronni. I have not met Ronni face to face, but have corresponded with her and read her posts for a number of years. She is one of the group’s Mac Gurus and runs a professional Mac business as well as dispensing clear, precise instructions to members who post their Mac problems on the list. I told her that my friend is interested and she gave me her son-in-law’s address and contact details and yesterday we went to the address to pay up and grab the iMac. When the door was opened, a smiling Nikki welcomed us in. Nikki was a teaching colleague of mine at Willetton SHS and I had not seen her in the 15 years since I retired. Her mum, Ronni mentioned that a Kevin Lock was coming to buy the Mac. She didn’t think it was going to be me, but decided it had to be as mum had informed her that Kevin was a teacher at WSHS. A coincidental blast from the past. Lovely Gal!

 Today I am hosting a get-together of a few of 'we oldies' as mum would say. We all need a bit of cheering up! I have mowed the lawns, cleaned off the magpie poo on the outside furniture and am preparing my kind of food for this afternoon. It is quite hot outside (31˚C/ 83˚F) and so it will be inside in air conditioning. Another good reason to move inside is that blowflies can smell tacos from 300 metres away.

No comments: