Sunday, August 25, 2013

Alone again

I am alone again. Yay!!    Our son has gone to Melbourne for a week’s break.  I had become used to being alone after my wife Joan’s death.  It is difficult living with someone other than your life partner.    My habits are quite different to my son’s.....mine are the good ones of course.
I must start looking for a rental unit for him even if I have to subsidise the rent each week.   When I was reading the diary of Anne Frank where eight people of different ages from two families spent two years in very close quarters having a few tanties over minor things, I saw myself.  Must try and relax about the things that get to me.


Helen and James invited me over for a seafood dinner last night.  Helen is every bit as good a cook as her mother.   Great food and good conversation.

No comments: