Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

Our house guest, Graham, left for Sydney at around 7.30am. As expected we were both awake from 4.45 am….the travel nervies! We headed off at 6am to Perth domestic airport taking just 30 minutes. An hour later and it would have taken an hour. His visit was most pleasant and I wondered whether at my age of 69+ we would meet up again.

Graham shouted us a meal at a local Italian restaurant last night. Joan had Veal Marsala. The last time she had that meal was about 30 years ago and tastes do change. She found it far too sweet for today’s taste. We had a large antipasto as an entree and it was really enough for me without the main of Spaghetti Marinara. I did the unthinkable and asked for a doggy bag. Might attack it tonight.

Around lunch time today I visited John in the nursing home and gave him a haircut and a shave. Whilst there another friend was visiting his wife who is bedridden. That is also a sad story. He wants her to go. I could not make a comment on that.

He saw me cutting John’s hair and asked if I could cut his, there and then, in the nursing home. I did a very quick job as I didn’t think the administration would care for me cutting the hair of visitors to their establishment. I didn’t get busted and I hope the cut wasn’t good enough that he will want more free haircuts.



No comments: