Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Round three chemotherapy

We are off to the cancer ward again today. First we see the oncologist and he will let us know how things are going (we hope) and with luck he could tell us that the tumours are reducing in size. We are not sure about that as this latest CT scan may just be a base marker for the trial. We were told not to expect any significant improvement at this stage.

After the consultation, Joan starts round three of chemo and I will collect her around 6pm.

I have been collaborating with a couple of welfare people setting up computers for indigenous people. All the other machines I have previously given to people are given ready to go with basic instructions on the Mac operating system. This new collaboration is somewhat different with me actually travelling around the Perth Metro area and setting up their internet connection. I am not really into that part and I try and get the new owners to select an ISP and let the ISP talk them through connecting to the WWW. Mostly it doesn't seem to be working and I am the fall guy who has to do more thinking than a 70 year-old should have to do. I will have to rethink things before I stress out.

No comments: