Thursday, September 13, 2007

A car at last

The bloke who was selling the Daihatsu Mira yesterday told me that he would have the car available for inspection at 9am this morning. (this was the fifth time we had arranged to view the car) I drove to his business (a car detailing yard with a horrible pit bull as a guard dog) but he didn't live up to his word. I returned an hour later and he was there...without the car. He rang his sister and told me that she would be down with the car and he would ring me. By 3pm we hadn't heard from him so I looked in the Quokka and we went and looked at a pretty nice Daewoo Cielo. Even though it has lots of kilometres on the clock it is in very good condition, so we bought it for $1100. Our Son Martin is well pleased.

Martin is under the hammer at his new job. He needs to be very proficient using Corel Draw and operating sign cutting machinery. He didn't claim that he had experience with such equipment and reckons that he will need a couple of weeks to get up to speed. His boss has him on lower wages for a few weeks, but is still pushing him hard. Hope he doesn't toss it in.

No comments: