Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sadness

I have had two phone calls from Joan; one from Sydney Airport and one from Wellington Airport, and then an email message from Wellington confirming that the MacBook is accessing local networks to talk with me. I will suggest that she download Skype so that we can talk VOIP (google it).

I had a phone call this evening from Joy the wife of a long- time dear friend. She told me that John wanted to talk to me because he was a little confused. When he was on the phone he was most lucid and told me he was at the college (his previous workplace)and couldn't get out. He wanted my phone number to ring me in an emergency. He was at home and didn't associate his wife with his perceived situation.

John has a wide circle of friends who want to support him, however it is becoming obvious that very soon he must be put into care.

John has a condition called Lewy Body Disease which is akin to Altzheimers and is a major burden to his wife. What can we do to help?

No comments: