Monday, September 10, 2007

Phantom car

I have been on the trail of a small car for our son...a Daihatsu Mira, which is like a shoe box on wheels. Trouble is the bloke who is selling the thing can't seem to get his act together to let me see it. It has been almost a week now since I replied to his advertisement and several dates/times have come and gone without me actually setting eyes on it. Maybe tomorrow.

Our son Martin started his new job today and he actually likes it. It is up his alley with computer graphics producing plastic badges and signs. If I don't find him a car I will be driving him to and from work every day. If I do find him a car I will be paying for fuel every day. That's easier than driving him!

It is this suburb's 'bring out your dead' collection and I have a nice big heap of what looks like good computer gear etc etc on our front lawn. Actually there is nothing good there. One of our neighbors has added to the heap with a few bits from a drier. This afternoon Joan walked further down the cul-de-sac to check out a nice looking bookshelf, but alas it had been ravaged by termites.

No comments: