Sunday, September 9, 2007

Yippee!

I have been bidding for a Betacord Stereo VCR on eBay and won it. Strangely they end up costing about three times as much as a brand new VHS VCR...there is a Luddite demand for them! I ended up winning it with a bid of $350. and as it is local there are no shipping charges.
Sounds like a lot of money, but I have a nice collection of movies and personal tapes I will convert to DVD. Also I spent more than that last night in tickets and booze for my kids to go to the Steely Dan concert....so there! We all rationalise on such purchases.

Our son Martin starts a new job tomorrow. That doesn't mean that we don't have to keep shelling out cash for some time. He won't be paid for a couple of weeks and there is rent, a car to buy (paid for by us), food and ongoing expenses including the money he has borrowed from a few mates over the last couple of weeks. Not sure we would have kids if we had a re-run.

No comments: