Thursday, September 20, 2007

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Yesterday I went to Castlereagh Special school to collect some of their discards. Two G3 Mac computers which were not working, six printers, a couple of boxes of new floppy disks and a mountain of new ink cartridges. The cartridges are worth at least $400....if one has a use for them! They are mainly for the printers that don't work and other brands I don't have. The floppies are no longer used. I guess that is why I got them?! I should be able to get a couple or three printers working with a bit of patience and the Macs are always able to be fixed with the spares I have available. Printers presenting with poor quality print usually indicate blocked nozzles and can usually be cleaned up with hot distilled water or isopropyl alcohol.

Why am I collecting old equipment? I hate seeing it go to landfill and I may get to send more gear to Bali. So there!


No comments: