Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Talking about the weather

The forecast this week was for lovely rain almost every day.

Sunday and Monday were obligingly soggy, but today has been disappointing. Fabulous winter's day, blue skies, not all that much wind, no rain. I want it to rain - LOTS, and so do the the farmers in the wheatbelt. It is winter though, and the temperature plummets when the sun goes down.

I don't like the cold - I could never live in Canada or the northern part of the US. Today's weather was lovely - just right for a walk (we didn't go, I went to water aerobics instead) and for sitting in the sun. If we didn't need the rain so badly I would say it was a "perfect winter's day" - I hear the Mamas and the Papas singing ..... we will be in LA in just over a fortnight.

In the interim there is Bali. I hope it doesn't rain while we are there but pours here. I won't miss the cold though.

No comments: